Does Direct Hair Implantation Work?
Does Direct Hair Implantation Work? Hair plays an important role in enhancing a person’s appearance, personality, and confidence. Most of us have a laid back attitude when it comes to painting a picture of the health of our hair. If thinning hair or baldness is causing you an emotional problem, you will be glad to know that we have the most reliable treatment for you right now. Yes, it is a hair transplant! A simple, safe, and medically recommended solution that can make a big difference in your entire personality and also enhance your attitude.
What Is A Hair Transplant?
Hair transplantation is the surgical procedure of filling the area of your head that has very thin hair or no hair at all. The procedure is performed mainly for the treatment of male pattern baldness.
Hair transplantation is done by taking hairs from other parts of the body or thicker parts of the scalp and then transplanting or implanting in the scalp.
How Is A Hair Transplant Done?
Hair transplantation is a process of babysitting. You can return home the same day after surgery.
Simply put, the doctor takes the hair follicles from the part of the scalp where the hair is (also known as the donor area) and implants these follicles in the area where there is baldness (also known as the recipient area) is performed under the influence of anesthesia which means that the person can not feel anything other than a string on the scalp.
Surgery is usually done in a medical clinic. There are two methods for hair transplantation – Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS) or Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). Let us understand both of these processes in detail now. What Is Direct Hair Implantation (DHI)?
Direct Hair Implantation (DHI)
- First, the doctor cuts the hair in the donor area, especially on the back of the head.
- The doctor injects local anesthesia to numb the scalp so that there is no pain.
- Using a special pen-type instrument known as a DHI implant, the doctor removes the hair follicles from the donor area without touching other hairs.
- These follicles are processed in laboratory grafts.
- After that, the doctor implants these treated follicles again in the receiving area.
- These follicles can be implanted in such a way that the direction of the hair is also decided.
Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS)
This procedure is also known as Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT). Here is a step-by-step process
- To perform the procedure, the surgeon will first numb the back of the head under local anesthesia.
- The surgeon will also sterilize the area from which the hair will be taken. Using a scalpel will remove part of your scalp, generally from the back of your head.
- With sutures, the surgeon will then close the area from which the scalp has been removed.
- The surgeon and his team than separate the scalp and break it into tiny pieces using a scalpel. The scalp can be divided into up to 2,000 small pieces known as grafts.
- With the help of a needle, the surgeon makes small holes in the rest of the scalp where the hair will be transplanted.
- The surgeon then inserts the small implants into the holes. This process is known as transplantation.
- With the help of bandages, the surgeon then closes the surgical site.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
The following is a detailed explanation of what a Follicular Unit- export process entails
- In this procedure, the surgeon will first shave the back of your head. Using local anesthesia will numb the back of the head.
- He will then remove individual hair follicles from the shaved area. This is known as exporting
- The surgeon will then make small holes in the rest of the scalp and inoculate the hair follicles.
- The surgical site will then be covered with a bandage.
Number Of Grafts Required For A Hair Transplant
The number of transplants required for a hair transplant can vary from person to person. It mainly depends on:
- Size of the transplanted area
- Hair quality
- hair color
- The type of hair you have
Hair Transplant Tips
It is important for the patient to take care of the hair as soon as the hair transplant is completed. This reduces the chances of side effects and complications during recovery. Here are some tips to consider after your hair transplant:
- Use only mild shampoo to wash your hair for a few weeks after surgery.
- Do not brush or comb new cuttings. Be very polite.
- Do not wear hats, caps, helmets until your doctor allows it.
- Avoid doing any strenuous work for a few days after surgery.
- Wait a few months to get your haircut.
What to expect after a hair transplant?
It is common for people to experience some mild side effects after a hair transplant. See what to expect in the first days of recovery.
Itching Like any other surgical site, your scalp may begin to itch after hair transplant surgery. However, you need to be careful not to scratch your scalp, as this can lead to infection of the scalp.
Bleeding Bleeding is the most common side effect of hair transplant surgery. You need to be gentle with the scalp and try to keep it as clean as possible.
Infection There is a chance that your hair follicle will lead to an infection known as bursitis. These types of infections are generally not serious and can be treated with a gel, ointment, or cream.
Find The Best Hair Transplant Surgeons At Our Clinic
Hair implantation is a very complicated process. It requires both excellence and specialization. At our clinic, we are proud of the quality of the hair transplant procedures we provide and the professionalism shown by our surgeons. Our clinic has some of the most experienced and sought after surgeons, which means you can have a lot of confidence in the hair transplant process. Does Direct Hair Implantation Work? How Much Is A Hair Transplant Surgery?