Can You Die From Hair Transplant?
Can You Die From Hair Transplant? Although it is an aesthetic procedure, hair transplantation is still a medical procedure that involves real risks. So it is really important that you do your homework well and do not think too lightly about the procedure. Yes there are many clinics which seem to offer the same thing to you. However know that safety rules may vary in comparison to your country. In the form of medical procedures, a typical hair transplant involves relatively few risks. However, these risks can escalate if you choose a non-specialist doctor or clinic – including deaths from hair transplants.
In an effort to get their hair back, many hair loss sufferers travel to foreign countries for cheaper hair transplant surgeries. One of these countries is Turkey. You will find plenty of good clinics, however it is your responsibility to do some basic research before just trusting a sales rep on his nice talk. Dont forget that it is your health and head which is on the line if you don’t make the right choice.
Beware of Credentials only
You will find some clinics advertising with the Credentials of the head surgeon of Doktor. Than when you arrive there you will find our that he just shows his face for 5 minutes or you won’t see him at all. Especially clinics with the who bear the doktors name are known to be doing this. To be sure of being operated at the right place check weather you are being treated in a hospital or a private clinic. It is very difficult to check the credentials of an specialist since these can be fake too or he may not enter the treatment at all. However if you make sure you are being operated at a major Hospital with internationally known certifications such as JCI and ISO quality mark you can be rest assured. Hospital that have these quality marks are constantly monitored and controled frequently.
HAIR TRANSPLANT ANALYSIS
Send you consultation notes to our Medical team by filling out the form. We will contact you within 24 hours.
Hair Transplant Medical Procedure
Hair transplants are medical procedures that require the highest level of care and attention. Therefore, it is important to protect yourself from professionals who are not involved in the procedure with the patience and detail required for surgery. The patient must exercise due diligence and take responsibility for the practice and the Hair Transplant clinic they end up trusting not only in their appearance but also in their life.
How To Prevent Hair Transplant Complications?
If you are traveling abroad for a hair transplant, it is important to know the details of the procedure:
- First of all, check to make sure all staff are certified to perform their respective roles in your process with doctors and paramedics doing whatever falls within the doctor’s jurisdiction. Will staff be allowed to make incisions or collect implants during surgery?
- As mentioned previously make sure that you will be operated in an ISO and JCI certified Hospital and avoid private clinics.
- All parts involved in surgery are covered by poor security
- Then ask if the surgery is normal
- Make sure that certified staff will monitor you throughout the procedure. And that all staff will work under the supervision of a person authorized by the State Medical Council to perform surgery.
- Confirm that the process will be monitored by staff certified in basic life support – BLS and Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
- Find out what kind of anesthesia will be used on you
- Find out what medications could be given during surgery and verify allergies / side effects
- They have invested in cardiac screens that should be used during surgery to monitor vital parameters such as blood pressure, pulse, oxygen saturation, etc. during the process.
Risks Of Hair Transplantation
There are some signs that should alert the patient to potential dangers when going to a clinic or doctor for a hair transplant procedure:
Be sure to give your Medical Advisor a detailed medical history before the procedure. Please be complety transparent with this. If you withhold anything this may cause serious problems during the treatment. Your history should include a detailed summary of all medications and allergies. You should consider it a big red red flag if a clinic does not have a routine protocol that records a detailed medical history. This should include a history of drug use and allergies. This is generally a Medical file with all relevant details about you.
You should generally avoid clinics that try to operate after a minimum office period. You can consider it to a bad sign if you can undergo surgery within 24 hours of first contact with the clinic.
Avoid clinics that do not have a clear post-surgery care protocol. Hair transplantation is half the process, a significant part of it comes after surgery.
GET FREE CONSULTATION
Our dedication to an excellent hair transplant quality and attention to the smallest details in customer service makes us one of the most preferred providers of hair transplants in Turkey
Hair Transplant Deaths: General Anesthesia Versus Local Anesthesia
General anesthesia (GA) is a mixture of drugs that will cause loss of consciousness in a patient before surgery. When a patient has general anesthesia, he will not feel pain. When anesthetized, the brain does not respond to pain signals or reflexes. On the other hand, local anesthesia causes the absence of sensation in a specific part of the body.
In local anesthesia, the person is fully awake as the anesthetic is injected into the area where numbness is desired. General anesthesia carries many risks of complications including death. Many causes of death that occur during surgery occur as a direct result of the general anesthetic complication rather than the surgery itself. For this reason, GA should be intended for major surgeries where necessary and necessary. Hair transplantation is not such an important surgery. It is a cosmetic surgery that can be performed completely using only local anesthetics.
You might prefer General Anesthesia because of following reasons. It is a long procedure So I just want to sleep through the treatment. Anotthe reason might be a needle phobia. Or you simply don’t want to feel any discomfort. Whatever your reason is know this. General Anesthesia is really a big thing and you should not take it lighly. There is always a risk of complications. Actaully you will find after reasons that most of problems with cosmetic surgery happen when people are under general anesthesia. GA has no benefit at all if you wish a better result and it is a too minor treatment to have such a heavy effect on your body. How Do Hair Implants Work?
Risks of general anesthesia in hair transplant procedures:
- General anesthesia is harmful to hair transplant patients for many reasons.
- First of all, it increases the risk of death. General anesthesia independently has a higher risk of death than the hair transplant procedure itself. Thus, hair transplantation is a selective procedure, it introduces an additional and avoidable risk of death.
- The quality of the work is reduced because the doctor is in a hurry to complete the surgery. This is because there is a limit to the number of hours you can stay under general anesthesia. With the time limit caused by GA independently, the surgeon should rush to complete the surgery within the limited time required by GA. When doctors perform surgery, the whole team feels compelled in the operating room to do many things at once. This puts the patient at greater risk of staff error because such haste cannot be supervised.
- There are some countries, such as France and Brazil, where general anesthesia for hair transplantation is the norm. Therefore, it is important to know your doctor’s anesthetic procedure before continuing the procedure.
The most common causes of death from hair transplantation
The most common cause of death in hair transplantation is:
- The use of general anesthesia.
- Reaction to drugs
Can You Die From Hair Transplant? In short, if you are considering a hair transplant. Do your homework and take into account the serious nature of the medical procedure. You will undergo with full understanding that not only your appearance but also your life is what you trust in the clinic I choose.
It does not matter if your hair loss is caused by unfortunate genes, medications, age, stress or other factors. Hair transplantation can improve your self-confidence. And is will most probably also increase your level of happiness and self-esteem. But there are some things you should avoid to ensure that your recovery is fast and comfortable. This is to make sure that the results of your treatment are successful and satisfactory. To find out more about what to avoid after hair transplant. The cost of hair transplantation and what to do? Please contact the professional Medical advisors of our clinic. Hair Transplant Surgery Cost In Turkey