Hair Transplantation Information For Patients You may have many questions about hair transplantation and hair transplant stages. Most of our patients are afraid of hair transplantation due to the lack of knowledge about hair transplantation. In this article, we will explain hair transplantation information for patients and what they should do.
Why Does Hair Loss?
The first important information we will share about hair transplantation for our patients is why hair loss occurs. Hair loss can be caused by various reasons such as hormonal disorders, seasonal cycles, iron or vitamin deficiency, genetic predisposition. We saw approximately 50-100 wire losses per day in adult individuals. Hair strands with a certain natural cycle shed spontaneously every 4-6 years, and then healthier hair grows from the hair follicles. However, constant and excessive hair loss may be the harbinger of some serious diseases. At the same time, the causes of hair loss in men and women may differ. Genetic factors generally play a role in postpubertal hair loss in men. In women, unbalanced diet, chronic stress, hormone disorders, various skin problems, cosmetic products and some medications can cause hair loss. Hair loss may increase during childbirth, breastfeeding and menopause periods.
How Can Hair Loss Be Prevented?
It is of great importance to determine the main factors that cause hair loss in the prevention of hair loss. Different methods can be applied under the supervision of a dermatologist. Shampoo, conditioner, etc. compatible with the scalp. In addition to the use of cosmetic products, acquiring the right nutritional habits and supplementing the hormones or vitamins that are missing in the body can reduce hair loss. In hair loss that develops as a result of a chronic disease such as thyroid, it is necessary to plan for the treatment of the disease. However, we can apply alternative treatment methods such as medication, mesotherapy, PRP or hair transplantation in direct proportion to the severity of hair loss. For our patients, this information forms the basis for researching hair transplantation.
HAIR TRANSPLANT ANALYSIS
Send you consultation notes to our Medical team by filling out the form. We will contact you within 24 hours.
What is Hair Transplant?
When we talk about hair transplant information for patients, the first thing we need to talk about is what hair transplant is. According to the different needs of people, the recommended treatment methods and scope for hair loss may vary. As a treatment method offered as a solution to hair loss, hair transplantation takes place in the form of transplanting the hair follicles on the neck or any part of the body to areas where openings and sparseness occur. In this process, which we perform under sterile conditions by specialist physicians in the operating room, we usually take the hair follicles in the stronger regions one by one and plant them where they are needed. We treat the hair follicles and forehead openings. This process is not painful and may take approximately 4-6 hours depending on the size of the area to be planted.
The accuracy of the technique we apply is extremely important in terms of the adaptation of the newly added hair to the scalp and its healthy growth. We recommend that you rest at home for a few days after the operation and not go out. A few weeks after the hair transplant, the hair will fall out, but the hair follicles will remain in place. After this hair loss, new hair will grow from the hair follicles that settle on the skin in a healthy way.
Hair transplantation is applied with two basic methods:
FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) Method
The FUT technique, which is a very old method, takes place by placing the roots on the scalp cut in the form of a thin strip from the neck to the required area. Since the FUT technique is a surgical procedure, a scar of approximately 8-15 cm in length remains on the neck.
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) Method
In the FUE method, which is a more up-to-date technique, no incision is made and therefore surgical scarring is prevented. Hair transplantation takes place by transferring the hair follicles taken one by one from the nape area to the canals in the area where they will be transplanted. Another method that has been used more recently is PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma). If you use a solution produced from cells that help blood clot in the hair transplantation process, you will strengthen the transplanted hair follicles and provide new hair growth.
What Should You Do To Have Healthy Hair?
In cases where hair loss is related to the following daily habits of the person, hair loss can be slowed down and prevented by some changes in daily routine:
- Acquisition of a regular eating habit with a protein-based diet,
- Paying attention to the consumption of foods containing zinc, magnesium, folic acid, B12,
- Avoiding stress and stimuli such as smoking and alcohol as much as possible,
- Take care of routine hair care. We have to say that paying maximum attention to sleeping patterns has a positive effect on healthy hair.
However, hair loss of more than 50-100 strands per day may scare you. Consult a specialist doctor in case of visible volume loss and hair thinning. We strongly recommend determining the correct medical treatment method.
Things to Consider Before and After Surgery
Before the hair transplant operation;
- Alcohol, cigarette and caffeine consumption slows down the healing process.
- Drugs, etc. that can slow blood clotting. should not be used.
- Hair gel spray and so on. styling products should not be used.
After the hair transplant;
- It is necessary to pay attention to the transplanted area while lying down, it is recommended to lie on your back. Although the critical level ends on the 4th and 15th days following the hair transplantation, the risk continues.
- Activities that make you sweat, such as heavy sports, should definitely be avoided.
- We do not recommend using a vehicle after the operation.
- You may experience edema and pain after surgery. Although it is not common, you may need to use regular pain relievers. You should protect the area where we have hair transplantation after surgery. Additionally, you can start washing your hair on the third day after the operation.
- As a result of the operation, new hair growth can reach 30% in the first three months, 60% in the sixth month and 100% in one year. However, this is a patience-demanding process. The growth time of new hair may vary depending on factors such as age, genetic factors and lifestyle.
- You should not cut and dye the newly grown hair for a while. It is normal to see scabs on the newly growing scalp. Places such as sauna, Turkish bath, solarium should be avoided.
- You should protect the area where we planted from the sun.
- You will see that the hair starts to boil within a month after hair transplantation. It is important to continue using the hair products recommended by the doctor at the end of the surgery.