Table of Contents
Unshaven Hair Transplant
Unshaven Hair Transplant An increasing number of young people are experiencing hair loss across the world. Hair loss, also known as alopecia, is a sensitive issue for both men and women. It can be a source of embarrassment for many and can lead to a lack of confidence and low self-esteem. This can prevent people from socializing or even make them dread going to work.
Although hair transplant technology has been available in the market for decades, there is a huge majority of people who do not want to undergo a hair transplant treatment. The reasons are varied.
Why People Hesitate to Have Hair Transplant Treatment
Many people do not want to shave their head, particularly people who have long hair. This is why they do not want to have traditional FUE hair transplant treatment.
- Many people do not want others to know they are undergoing a hair restoration procedure.
- Shaving off hair can be particularly traumatic for women. Image-conscious people and men with long hair may also not want to get this procedure done.
- Some people have jobs that may prohibit them from shaving their heads. These include people who work in representative and highly-visible occupations.
This can result in many patients delaying their surgery resulting in further loss of hair. In addition, this fear may prevent many people from not undertaking the procedure at all.
However, there is a solution to this.
At TecniFUE, we offer unshaven hair transplant procedure that helps to improve hair growth. This treatment allows patients to undertake the surgery without any obvious signs like a shaved part of the head.
Shaved Hair Transplant Treatment
Shaved or FUE procedures are popular hair restoration procedures that give patients a chance to permanently restore hair to balding areas in the head.
In traditional hair transplant treatment, you will need to shave off your hair before the procedure. The hair transplant team does do this because they need to clearly see hair follicles. This can help them make sure the existing hair is not damaged and the procedure is comfortable. In addition, there is some hair transplant equipment that works only with a shorn head as hair can make it difficult to use the device.
However, this can make a lot of people hesitate because they do not want to be without hair for any length of time. The good news is that it is actually quite possible to do hair transplant without removing any of your hair. In some cases, we may need to remove a minute amount of hair which can easily be hidden or camouflaged with your remaining hair.
This technique is known as unshavenhair transplant treatment.
Unshaven FUE (U-FUE) Hair Transplant Treatment
As the name indicates, unshaven hair transplant treatment does not involve shaving your hair. People favor this minimally invasive hair transplant technique over the painful, invasive, and obvious hair-stripping method or the traditional FUE.
The unshaven FUE treatments are very popular hair restoration options among both men and women since it does not involve shaving off part of your hair. As a result, this technique is quite popular with women, celebrities, and people who are in the public eye.
We also recommend unshaven hair transplant procedure for people who have long hair they don’t want to cut. Hair can take several months and even years to grow back and this can be inconvenient for many people.
In order for unshaven FUE to be successful, we will carefully identify the healthy hair on your scalp. We will then harvest and implant these in the balding areas. Since these hairs have the strongest follicles in your scalp, they will provide you with the best results.
We will take out each hair individually with extreme care from the donor zone. Our team will use special tools for this purpose. We will then cut off the hair strand from the implanted hair and allow only the grafted part to remain so that it can grow in a healthy way.
Variations of U-FUE Hair Transplant
U-FUE stands for unshaved or undetectable FUE hair transplant. In this procedure, the hair is restored without shaving the recipient or donor area. TecniFUE practices different types of FUE treatments.
In some of our practices, we cut and remove only the graft and do not touch the hair on the rest of your head. In other techniques, we remove the donor hair in its original length. We then graft it onto the bald spot as long hair. This ensures that the recovery and downtime period is minimal.
Partially-Shaved Hair Transplant
People who have long hair or do not have severe hair loss may be good candidates for a partially-shaved hair transplant. The transplant is also a technique of unshaven hair transplant treatment since only a small amount of hair is shaved. The shaved spot can easily be hidden beneath your remaining hair.
Partially shaved hair transplant is also known as linear shaving. Typically, the grafts are taken from the back of the person’s head where the hair is thicker. We usually take grafts in long strips or squares. We position the grafts in such a way that they are hidden by your remaining hair.
Since it is important that the shaved spot is covered, we may recommend our patients grow their hair longer. Ideally, we would recommend a length of 6 or 7 cm before starting the hair transplant procedure.
Benefits of Partially Shaved Hair Transplant Procedure
Some of the main advantages that partially shaved hair transplant provide include:
- Patients can keep their hair and maintain its original length. They also have the benefit of wearing their hair in the same style while undergoing the procedure.
- One of the biggest benefits is that it allows patients to socialize with their friends. You can also go back to work without revealing you are getting a hair transplant.
- People who are image-conscious do not have to wear hair extensions or a wig to conceal the fact they are undergoing a hair restoration treatment.
- Partially shaved hair transplant procedure requires a lower number of grafts in one session. This means the duration of the procedure will be shorter. It also means you will recover more quickly.
- Any post-operative crusts or scabs that form in the donor area are not visible during the process.
Limitations of a Partially Shaved Hair Transplant Procedure
Like all hair transplant treatments, partially shaved hair restoration procedures also have a few limitations and cons:
- This procedure is effective for patients who have long hair.
- This procedure allows less number of hair follicles to be taken out in a single procedure. Typically, the maximum number of hair follicles to be harvested is 28,000 or less than that.
- Partially shaved hair transplant requires more than one session so that you can achieve the results you want. But the wait time between the two sessions is quite long at six months.
- There is a bigger risk of overharvesting since the donor zone is quite small.
- The cost of the entire procedure may be a bit higher.
Completely Unshaven Hair Transplant Procedure
At TecniFUE, we may do a completely unshaved hair transplant procedure under certain circumstances:
- It can be done if the patient hair is weak and the procedure needs to be performed in between hair strands.
- We may recommend a completely unshaven hair transplant procedure if your front hairline is thinning.
- Our doctors may perform unshaven hair transplant procedures to promote hair growth in a small area of your head.
In this case, we may consider an unshaven hair transplant procedure. This involves harvesting up to 1000 hair follicular units, which can cover a smaller area of your head.
In a completely unshaved hair restoration procedure, we may use a rotary punch with a rounded tip. We will use this rotary punch to extract your hair. It is about 0.7 to 0.95mm in diameter.With this tool, we will make a groove around the hair follicle by rotating it a full 360 degrees. This will help remove the follicle cleanly from all tissue attachments.
Once we have extracted individual follicular units, we will cut them down to the hair roots. We will then take these grafts and implant them in the thinning or balding scalp between your existing hairs.
As with other hair restoration processes, the patient may initially experience some shedding of the transplanted hair. This will typically start two weeks after the unshaven hair transplant session. However, this is a normal reaction and you should not be worried about it.
Benefits of a Completely Unshaven Hair Transplant Procedure
Completely unshaven hair transplant procedure is very popular because:
- Patients do not have to shave their hair at all.
- This procedure also works well on patients who do not have very long hair. Typically, hair length slightly less than 6 or 7 cm is often suitable.
- Any scabs and scarring as a result of the procedure will be easily hidden by your hair.
- Your existing hair will fall on top of the donor zone. This way, no one will be able to tell if you have had a hair transplant procedure.
- It prevents women from waiting for months for their hair to grow back.
- It is best for people who do not want to give up the hairstyle they prefer.
- Since the number of hair follicles harvested is smaller, the overall recovery time is shorter.
Limitations of a Completely Unshaven Hair Transplant Procedure
With so many advantages, a completely unshaven hair transplant also has a few drawbacks:
- The procedure requires a lot of care and is very labor-intensive. The unshaven hair transplant procedure requires a lot of extended training, skills, and experience on the part of the surgeon.
- With a completely unshaven hair transplant, you will experience thicker hair immediately after a session. However, some of the hair will fall out in the first month after the procedure, resulting in lower density hair.
- Complete unshaven hair transplant treatment may require a longer time to complete.
- It is also a bit more expensive than other hair transplant procedures.
Both of the above methods can help find out how many hairs can be harvested in one visit. This procedure is quite complicated and it requires more training than an FUE hair restoration treatment. Because of this, it can take longer to finish.
However, it is less painful and invasive than an FUE treatment. In addition, it does not leave much scarring on your head. We will conduct the procedure until local anesthesia and you will not have to stay in a hospital overnight.
In addition, you will not have to resort to covering your head during the duration of the treatment. This is a big plus for people who always want to look their best!
How Many Grafts Per Session Can You Have During a U-FUE Hair Treatment?
Many hair transplant clinics say that the highest number of grafts in a single session is a good idea. In addition, some also claim the person who implants the most grafts per session gets the best results. However, this claim is not true at all.
People who are almost completely bald may be able to transplant 6000 to 8000 hairs per session. However, at TecniFUE, we recommend decreasing the number of hair grafts to 4500 per session. Our experienced surgeons place each grafted hair very carefully among your existing hair. We can help you make sure your hair is not damaged.
Hair Graft Health
According to scientific studies on hair transplant, most people should only get up to 4,500 grafts in one session. We do this to maintain your hair health. That’s because the transplanted grafts need to survive in the new area of your head before they can grow.
If you place more than 4,500 grafts in a single session, your body will not be able to sustain such a large number of new hairs. As a result, even if you transplant more than 4500 hair, much of your hair will fall out. Hence, you will not get the outcome that you wanted.
Donor Zone Health
Another reason why transplanting more than 4,500 hairs in one session is not appropriate is the donor zone health. If you extract a large amount of hair from a donor zone, it can damage that part of your head.
Individual Age and Health Factors
With a U-FUE hair transplant, the age of the individual and the health of the donor zone should be considered. In addition, we also determine the amount of hair loss for an effective treatment plan. For example, a 25 year-year-old man who is balding in certain areas should be treated in a different way than a 50-year-old man who is in the advanced stages of hair loss.
We will take all this data into account before we start your hair restoration procedure. On average, a typical donor zone can offer about 5000 to 6000 hair grafts without the risk of damage. That means that the donor zone will also retain a healthy amount of hair even after extraction.
If you harvest more than this number of hair from a certain donor zone, it will impact your scalp health. This means that the hair on your donor zone will also become thin. Worse, it will also limit the chances for future treatments if they are needed.
Therefore, at TecniFUE, we always ensure that we offer customized treatments to all our clients. We will clearly communicate what the procedure will involve and what results they can expect ahead of the procedure. We will take into consideration the extent of hair loss, the number of grafts required, and several other factors.
Who is the Best Candidate for Unshaven FUE Hair Transplant in Turkey?
In unshaven FUE hair transplant techniques, your hair does not need to be needlessly shorn. This technique is the most effective for:
- People who want hair transplant in the temple areas and the front hairline
- Women who do not want to shave off their hair
- People who do not want downtime and cannot wait for their hair to grow back
- People who are in the public eye or interact directly with customers. These include TV celebrities, bank officers, public relations officials, and customer service professionals.
Unshaved FUE is a treatment in which expertise and experience matter the most. This is why we recommend you get your hair restoration treatment from TechniFUE. We have an experienced team of doctors and state-of-the-art hair transplant equipment.
As with any other hair transplant technique, our doctors will first consider several factors related to your hair. They will then recommend if the unshaven hair transplant procedure is the best treatment option for you.
Post-Operative Care After Unshaven Hair Transplant Surgery
After the procedure, you may experience some swelling on your forehead. This swelling may go down in two or three days. In addition, the donor zone will also heal and your scabs will fall away in about 10 days.
At TecniFUE, we will also inform you about how to take care of your newly implanted hair. After the surgery, we will also advise you on how to wash and protect your hair. It is important that you follow our advice for the sake of your hair health.
New hair will start to grow from the implanted hair follicles in about 3 to 6 months. It will take about a year for your hair to become noticeably thick. That is why we advise patience. But you will see that the results are well worth it.
What Things to Consider Before Starting Your Unshaven Hair Transplant Procedure
Before you come to our clinic, it is important that you take some pre-operative measures. This can help you ensure the success of your treatment.
- You need to make sure that your hair is of the right length for an unshaven hair transplant. Typically, the length is around 7 cm. You may have to delay the procedure until you have grown out your hair at least that long.
- Even though this surgery is minimally invasive, a small amount of bleeding is normal. If you take blood thinners, it may be wise to not take them near the surgery to minimize bleeding. Consult your general physician on what effect blood thinners can have on a hair transplant surgery.
- To ensure your hair roots return to their healthy state, we recommend that you do not use any hair products. This includes hair styling gels, mousse, lotion, or cream for a few months after the surgery.
- Unshaved hair may not be the best treatment option for everyone. That is why it is necessary to check the areas of your head which require hair transplantation. We will do this before the operation starts to decide on the most effective treatment for your hair.
- You should consider avoiding drinks that contain caffeine. This means reducing the intake of coffee, tea, and cola, at least one week ahead of the procedure. Research has found that caffeine directly affects your hair follicles during the operation.
- Avoid smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol. Both of these have an adverse effect on your hair follicles and can interfere with the healing process. It is important that you stop using these substances a month in advance. Even if you cannot quit completely, it is important that you limit their use. This can help speed up the healing process.
Choose TecniFUE For Your Hair Transplant Treatment
TecniFUE is a leader in the hair implant industry. We have years of experience and have contributed significant research and innovation to the field of hair restoration.
TecniFue prides itself on going the extra mile for our patients. We offer all our patients restorative procedures as well as PPR injections, medication and hormone evaluation where necessary.
After the surgery, we will advise you on the right way to take care of your newly implanted grafts. This can help your hair quickly return to its former glory.If you follow our recommendations before and after the surgery, it can help you recover faster in 10 days. By taking the necessary care, your hair will reach its natural appearance in a shorter time. This will help you get the best results without any traces of surgery.
TecniFUE is more than just a traditional standard hair restoration clinic. We do not just offer our patients surgery; we also offer them a comfortable, pain-free and wholesome experience that will help them regain their confidence.