Hair Transplant For Women
Hair Transplant For Women has become very common, especially after the FUE method has been applied. In fact, hair loss is seen in women close to the hair loss in men. It has been determined that 25-30% of women experience hair loss at a certain stage of their life. However, since the front hairline is generally preserved, the problem of hair loss is generally not noticed in the early stages.
The psychological effects of hair loss in women are actually more than men. Two out of every 3 men over the age of 30 have more or less hair loss. Therefore, hair loss in men is a condition that has been accepted by the society. However, hair loss in women is not accepted by the society. Therefore, the psychological effects of hair loss are more common in women. Many women camouflage this hair loss with different styles such as dyes or wigs. Are women as good candidates for hair transplantation as men? It is not possible to say yes to this. However, with modern hair transplant techniques, the success rate of hair transplantation for women also increases.
Causes of Hair Loss in Women?
Women constitute an average of 10% of our patients who apply to us with the complaint of hair loss. Why is hair loss in women? What does feminine type hair loss mean? Let’s look at the answers to these questions now.
- Congenital hairline behind (there is no hair loss and they are good candidates for hair transplantation). We can say that this situation is of genetic origin.
- Pregnancy and menopause periods Generally, hair loss during pregnancy is temporary. The lost hair can come back after birth. Hair loss during menopause is usually permanent.
- Stress-induced hair loss
- Seasonal hair loss: It can be seen more frequently especially in spring and autumn. It is generally reversible.
- Birth Control Drugs
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: It is one of the common gynecological diseases. It also causes hair loss.
- Nutritional disorders and vitamin deficiencies: Hair loss due to vitamin and mineral deficiency due to malnutrition
- Hair loss due to trauma, traffic accident, burns, surgery scars such as face lift. In this case, the main goal is to cover or camouflage the cosmetically unpleasant appearance.
- Regional local hair loss due to diseases such as ringworm
- Cancer-related chemotherapeutic treatments
- Congenital hair thinness
- Misused cosmetic products can be counted.
Hair Loss Classification in Women?
Ludwig scale is used to evaluate female hair loss. Accordingly, if we evaluate the type of hair loss;
- Type 1: There is Slight Dilution. Commonly there is slight dilution. The front hairline can be camouflaged.
- Type 2: There is moderate dilution. The front hairline is seen as preserved. There is a moderate spillage from the top to the middle.
- Type 3: There is an advanced dilution. The front hairline is distorted. Thinning and sparseness in hair is at an advanced stage.
How is Hair Transplantation Performed in Women?
Hair transplantation for women is generally done in two ways.
It would be correct to expect success from the results of the three groups in hair transplantation for women. These;
Thin Hair Tightening: Transplanting with pencil method is the ideal solution.
Preventing the Retracted Forehead Line: It is called the forehead narrowing process. In the forehead hair transplant procedure, the correct female type hairline should be created.
First of all, it is necessary to know this. Because hair transplantation is not only for men. It was decided to have a hair transplant for a woman. How to plan in this case?
Hair Transplant Planning in Women
It is necessary to perform a hair transplant operation within a certain planning in a woman who is determined to be suitable for hair transplantation.
An artistic hairline design is required for women whose hairline is pulled up and wants to lower this line. Hairline in women is very different from men. First of all, the doctor who will perform the operation should make an accurate hairline planning in relation to the facial structure of the woman. There are important differences between the masculine hairline and the feminine hairline. A properly planned hairline is required for a natural hair transplant look. As a result of wrong hairline planning, an unnatural appearance will occur. FUE Chest Hair Transplant
Partial Shaving of the Nape Donor Area and FUE Removal of Grafts
A misconception in many places is that women’s hair should be shaved to number zero like men, but that goes against the nature of things for a woman’s lifestyle. First of all, the number of grafts in the donor area and the number of donor hair are calculated and the number of grafts to be taken is determined. It should be kept in mind that the unshaved hair transplantation method is a must for women. In the FUE method, a 2x 10-15 cm2 strip-shaped area is shaved in the middle as in the FUT method. Thus, if the donor area is strong, more grafts can be obtained by shaving the two-banded area. Hair grafts are taken one by one from the shaved area, as in unshaven or semi-shaved hair transplantation.
Between 1000-200 hair grafts can be taken from this area in proportion to the hair density and capacity of the average donor area. This number is an ideal number that can be transplanted in one session for hair transplantation in women. If there is a situation requiring a higher number of grafts, a second session can be planned after an average of 10-12 months. We do not find it correct to harvest more than 2000 grafts in one session. Hair Loss Treatment For Women
Transplantation of Hair Grafts
In the process of transferring the grafts taken, the area to be transplanted is not shaved. Thus, the densification process is performed by entering between thinned hair follicles. With the DHI hair transplantation (pencil technique) method, hair transplantation can be performed in women among sparse hair. The implanter pen technique is the best hair transplant method that can be applied to women. Although the name of this technique is unfortunately wrong in our country, it is known as DHI hair transplantation method. However, there is no such method as DHI hair transplant method. With the implanter pen method, women can easily be transplanted without damaging other hair.