Have you been struggling with hair fall and male pattern baldness? If you’ve been dreaming about healthy, lush locks, you need to look at what an FUE hair transplant entails.
In simple words, FUE is a new, less invasive hair transplant method offering better results with minimum recovery time. While many hair transplant clinics worldwide are now offering it, only a few are experts in the field. And TechniFUE is undoubtedly one of those.
Our state of the art facility has allowed us to make significant breakthroughs in the follicle unit extraction process. Additionally, it has enabled us to use innovative techniques to perform FUE hair transplants on our patients. Before we further discuss an FUE hair transplant, let’s go over the other two leading methods in the field.
Everything About Hair Transplants
As disheartening as it may be, hair loss is a reality that affects millions of people worldwide. According to the literature on hair loss and artificial hair growth methods, a colossal number of people face hair loss. Studies suggest that approximately 35 million men and 21 million women suffer from alopecia or hair loss.
The increasing number of individuals suffering from hair loss prompted the hair transplant industry to develop better restorative methods. Subsequently, many more effective hair transplant techniques came about.
In generic terms, a hair transplant is a surgical procedure that restores hair growth in people with hair loss. The basic principle behind a hair transplant is implanting active hair follicles over the bald patches on a patient’s head. To do that, a doctor first extracts follicular units from the back of the head using a surgical tool. Then they put the procured cells in the hairless patches.
Simply put, it is a cosmetic procedure in which healthy hair follicles from one part of a person’s scalp are moved to another to cover baldness.
Generally, three restorative procedures are most used to obtain hair follicles, cavities carrying hair roots to perform a hair transplant. Those include
- FUT- Follicle Unit Transplantation
- FUE- Follicle Unit Extraction
- DHI- Direct Hair Implantation
While all three methods have advantages and disadvantages, most experts describe FUE hair transplant as the best intervention. Here’s a detailed description of all hair transplantation techniques with the pros and cons of each.
FUT – Follicle Unit Transplantation
FUT is a highly invasive two-part hair transplant procedure. In the first part, an expert carves out a broad patch of skin from a side of the patient’s head. Next, they cut the large piece into smaller strips and extract healthy follicles.
At the final stage, the surgeon implants the recovered roots over the hairless areas.
Advantages of FUT
- FUT is relatively cheaper than the other two procedures
- It gives a much more natural appearance post-procedure
Disadvantages of FUT
- FUT is a highly invasive surgery due to the lengthy incision made at the donor site
- It has a longer recovery time.
- The number of skin grafts procured in each session is relatively low- 1500/session.
- FUT is an outdated technique; it’s the oldest of the three
- If a patient chooses to keep their hair short after the transplant, their scar will be easily noticeable.
FUE- Follicle Unit Extraction
FUE hair transplant is the most effective hair transplant technique of recent times that leaves minimal scarring. In FUE, the lead surgeon harvests healthy hair follicles typically from the back of the head by making circular punch incisions. The secured follicles are then inserted into the recipient site.
Using a sharp needle, the doctor takes out active hair follicles from the donor site. After doing that, they implant the healthy cells over the bald patches.
Advantages of FUE
- FUE is a less invasive corrective procedure.
- It doesn’t cause noticeable scarring.
- The healing time for an FUE is relatively short. Generally, patients go back to their routine in 2-5 days.
- Surgeons can pull out a high number of grafts per session, 4500, or more to be more accurate.
- The FUE procedure allows hair extraction from other parts of the body, like the chest and beard.
- FUE is a useful alternative for people with tight scalps.
Disadvantages of FUE
- The follicle units procured in FUE are lower in number than FUT, as the latter uses broad strips of the scalp.
- Even though FUE doesn’t leave prominent scarring, it creates irregular scars at the donor site.
- Extracting a natural distribution of follicular units is tricky as the punctures don’t offer enough room to procure grafts with dense hair roots.
- When placing an implant, the risk of putting the graft far too deep into the fat under the skin runs high. If that happens, the doctor has to make another incision to pull out the misplaced piece.
- Since FUE is an intricate procedure, its sessions are time-consuming.
DHI- Direct Hair Implantation
DHI is another minimally invasive hair transplant technique but one that requires a large number of medical professionals for execution. In DHI hair transplant, the doctor directly removes healthy follicles using a pointed instrument, Choi Pen. Because of the advanced tool, the scalp’s skin remains intact, and just the roots slip out easily.
Once the follicular units are in the Choi pen, they are inserted into the treatment site one by one.
DHI and FUE hair transplants are similar in that both extract hair follicles rather than broad strips of skin. But in DHI, no puncturing needed to pull out and insert the hair roots is required. Additionally, the number of grafts that can be extracted per session is different for both methods. In FUE, the lead surgeon can procure up to 4500 or more grafts. Whereas in DHI, this number stands at around 2500 grafts in one session.
Advantages of DHI
- Like an FUE hair transplant, DHI is a non-invasive hair transplant technique.
- DHI has a shorter healing duration.
- No scars
Disadvantages of DHI
- DHI is the most expensive technique out of all three hair transplantation methods.
- DHI is a recent development in the hair transplant field; hence, it is not entirely a failsafe method.
- It requires a fleet of medical professionals.
Unarguably, follicle unit extraction is the most effective in terms of results and costs. Yes, it’s generally pricier than FUT, but it’s safer and tends to yield better results; hence, providing value for money.
We enjoy an excellent reputation for FUE hair transplant. You can rest easy knowing that you will get the best care.
FUE Hair Transplant and TecniFUE
Turkey ranks number one for performing the highest number of hair transplants in the world. Research shows that each day 800 patients receive a hair restoration surgery in the Land of Four Seasons. The staggering stats illustrate just how common hair transplants are in the Republic of Turkey. This means you can find an extensive assortment of clinics offering hair transplantation. But none with our level of expertise and forward-thinking.
TecniFUE international is a globally recognized hair transplant facility located in Istanbul, Turkey. We at TecniFUE offer all hair transplant procedures, but our modernized FUE hair transplant has a class of its own. We are the leading expert in FUE hair transplants, thanks to our 360-degree treatment approach and innovation proclivity.
Our holistic treatment style makes TecniFUE the best facility for anyone interested in getting an FUE hair transplant. People who pick us to restore their hair growth certainly make the right call.
We do not see the FUE hair transplant as a one-directional cure for receding hair, where a surgeon moves hair follicles around to cover up bald patches on someone’s scalp.
For us, FUE hair transplant is part of a much more significant intervention aimed at helping people suffering from alopecia. We do not just poke and prod people that walk into our hospital to give the hair on their balding head; instead, we help them heal from the inside out and gain confidence in themselves.
Besides, our ultramodern technology gives us an edge over our competitors. If you come to TecniFUE for a hair transplant, you’ll also get to enjoy a multitude of additional perks.
When skin grafts are moved around, their chances of survival lessen significantly. Since grafts are essentially strips of living tissue, they require oxygen to survive, which is cut off during the movement. Resultantly, many times skin grafts die when implanted inside the recipient site. In other words, due to the abrupt suspension of oxygen supply to the cells, the transported tissue can die. This is a common downside in hair transplants.
But, TechniFUE is different in that regard, thanks to our keen interest in advancing technologically. That is why we were able to develop a therapy that improves the survival chances of grafts up to 95%.
OxyVitalis treatment is a tried and tested procedure that boosts vitality in skin grafts. It does so by administering oxygen into the skin during the FUE hair transplant.
Our research team at TecniFUE began its study on graft vitality and survival back in 2018. After almost two whole years of extensive experimentation and analysis, our experts developed a unique treatment, OxyVitalis. With this therapy, grafts not only survive but also recover faster.
During the trial, patients who were given OxyVitalis during their FUE hair transplant recovered faster and better. The recovery level in the inserted implants the day after the treatment was similar to the healing status usually observed 4-5 days after the procedure. Thanks to the administered oxygen, the graft cells got sufficient blood and, as a result, healed better.
In most hair transplant clinics, the transferred tissue’s survival rate lies between 75 to 85%. But at TecniFUE, it’s 95% because of OxyVitalis.
Another noteworthy innovation we pride ourselves on is our 8 Gen Punch used for FUE hair transplants.
As explained earlier, an FUE hair transplant entails punching holes into the scalp to harvest and implant hair follicles. For that reason, surgeons use a tool known as the punch that punctures tiny cavities.
A standard punch is a motor-driven device. It resembles a laser pointer with a sharp tip to put holes into the scalp. The micro motor rotates the lead in a circular motion to create an opening. Once that’s done, the slightest contact with the skin loosens up the grafts for extraction.
The standard punch has a diameter range of 0.6 mm to 0.9 mm, which is the same in every model. All FUE hair transplant centers use a regular punch for the procedure, which is the standard. But we have developed an advanced version of the standard punching tool, known as TecniFUE 8 Gen Punch.
The experts at TecniFUE teamed up with one of the leading punch manufacturers to discuss the possibilities for improvement in the extraction tool. After much research and efforts, we finally managed to develop 8 types of punches. These punches have a diameter range of 0.6 mm to 0.9 mm.
How is our TecniFUE 8 Gen Punch different?
The development of TecniFUE 8 Gen Punch has enabled us to perform FUE hair transplants more effectively. It has also aided us and customizing the treatments.
Every skin type is different; therefore, it has to be treated differently. And that is precisely what TecniFUE 8 Gen Punch allows us to do; we provide the ideal punch setting for every patient. Doing so offers two advantages when performing FUE hair transplants; less tissue damage at the donor site and multi-hair graft extractions.
A standard punch extracts a fewer number of grafts than our advanced 8 Gen Punch. A higher number of implants results in a more natural-looking appearance after the procedure.
Hair loss can occur for a bunch of reasons. From genetics and stress to nutrient deficiency and environmental factors, a person can lose hair due to any of these. While all other contributors to hair loss are not entirely in one’s control, nutrient deficiency is. And studies show that a lack of vitamins in the body can result in receding hair.
Lack of vitamins in the body can be a reason for hair loss or thinning in patients. Knowing this, we perform multiple blood tests to ensure all the values are within the normal range. Sometimes the results of these tests do reveal vitamin deficiency. In that case, we make sure that the issue is tackled before moving on to the FUE hair transplant.
Patients need to keep up with their daily vitamin requirements after the procedure. We ensure that our patients achieve this to allow healthy recovery.
A thorough vitamin study is vital for the best results of an FUE hair transplant.
Stem Cell FUE Hair Transplant
A stem cell FUE hair transplant is an advanced take on the traditional hair transplant. It follows the same protocol as the standard FUE hair transplant. It is different in that the harvested follicles are kept under laboratory conditions to stimulate reproduction. This results in a proliferation of the limited follicular units extracted from the donor site. The produced cells are then implanted in the recipient site as well as the donor site.
Stem cells are the building block of any active cell in the body. Simply put, stem cells are needed to produce healthy tissue. Using the potency of stem cells, the extracted hair follicles are doubled in number and placed in more than one place on the head. People who receive stem cell FUE hair transplants grow thick hair due to the abundance of active hair roots from the stem cells treated in a lab.
Just like the regular FUE hair transplant, this procedure involves putting the patient under anesthesia. After that, the medical expert removes a few healthy hair follicles from the patient’s head. Stem cell samples are then sent to a laboratory for reproduction. As soon as the stem cells have doubled, they are inserted into the bald patches over the head. This is done using sharp needles to ensure a quick insertion.
Benefits of Stem Cell FUE Hair Transplant
- Stem cell FUE hair transplant produces a thick head of hair.
- It allows the maximum number of transplants.
- It doesn’t entail a long recovery time.
- It’s minimally invasive.
- It promotes natural hair growth.
- Treats hair thinning
- It’s the only procedure that allows hair growth in the donor section of the head.
More Than Just Qualified Professionals
Every hair transplant facility boasts of highly qualified medical experts that promise exceptional results. While we also have plenty of incredibly talented surgeons, we don’t use them to attract patients. We don’t want to present ourselves as a bunch of highly skilled dermatological professionals. We pride ourselves on being more than just that.
TecniFUE is a wholesome entity that offers so much more than just hair transplanting procedures. It is an organization that believes in striving for perfection in everything. We train all our personnel vigorously, ensuring every one of them has the skill set to do a laudable job. In other words, every arm of our organization knows how to translate perfection into everything they do.
Be it scientific innovations or an FUE hair transplant, everything we do ends at perfection. And that happens because we as a corporation value forward-thinking. Our goals are not just limited to providing the best hair transplants in the world; we believe in aiming for breakthroughs in the field of hair transplants.
We offer top-grade treatments while also focusing on continuous research. The teams at TecniFUE aim to uplift the hair transplant industry as a whole
International Safety Accreditations
An FUE hair transplant and all other hair restorative treatments need to follow the highest hygiene standards to ensure patient safety. Many private clinics do not necessarily pay attention to the safety conditions that must be taken care of during a hair transplant. But we make sure all our procedure rooms are disinfected and cleaned according to the international safety standards. And that’s not all.
All the surgical tools used during transplants are sterilized as per the globally recognized safety protocols. Accreditations from JCI-Joint Commission International and ISO- International Organization of Standardization verify our status as a reliable and hygienically safe medical institution.
Even though we try our best to get extraordinary results through our FUE hair transplants and other hair restorative procedures, we cannot completely write off the possibility of a mishap. Keeping that in mind, TecniFUE offers an airtight 200% warranty to all hair transplant patients.
If you do not get the promised outcome from a procedure, we will give back 200% of the transplantation cost. Having such a seemingly outrageous policy may look like a hoax, but in reality, it’s a nod to our competent personnel’s incredible skill and knowledge of the trade.
Planning an FUE Hair Transplant with TecniFUE International
Since we are a Turkey-based facility, we cannot provide in-person consultations to people in other parts of the world. But that doesn’t mean we don’t treat patients from outside of the Republic of Turkey.
Being such a passionate proponent of modern technology, we use advanced I.T software to connect with patients worldwide for consultation. Using online platforms such as WhatsApp or any other video chatting portal, we get in touch with interested individuals and give them a consult online.
People who wish to get an FUE hair transplant-or any other restorative measure for that matter, need to go through an evaluation process by our medical experts. This evaluation or consultation ensures that every individual who applies for a treatment fits the criterion to get a hair transplant.
Like every other surgical procedure, a hair transplant requires a thorough medical examination beforehand to see if the patient can bear the strain their body will go through.
Typically, anyone looking to get an FUE hair transplant in Istanbul can walk into our clinic and have our experts assess their health. But for our international clients, making frequent trips to our facility may not be possible. Moreover, if someone is not suited for a transplant and comes all the way to Turkey only to find out that they cannot receive the procedure, it will be a waste of their time and money.
To save people in other parts of the world from unnecessary hassle, we at TecniFUE international offer consultations via WhatsApp or other similar video conferencing channels. Aside from a visual evaluation, we ask our patients to fill out a medical questionnaire to learn about their allergies.
Customized Treatment Plan
We at TecniFUE develop customized treatment plans for all our patients because we understand that every skin and hair type is different. So during our consultation phase, we evaluate whether a person is eligible to get an FUE hair transplant. Once they pass the evaluation, we chalk out a treatment plan to ensure the procedure yields premium results.
If you choose us for your hair transplant, we will thoroughly examine your scalp before extracting the hair follicles. This individualized treatment planning will allow us to give you a thick mop of hair.
Eligibility Criterion to Get An FUE Hair Transplant
An FUE hair transplant is not the right solution for everyone going through balding. Medical experts need to weigh in a bunch of factors before clearing a person for the procedure. That is why only particular people receive an FUE hair transplant.
Here is the list of people who qualify for an FUE hair transplant
- People experiencing premature balding, hair thinning, or both
- Someone who is acutely distressed because of their receding hair
- Anyone who lost some of their hair due to a burn or scalp injury
- Everyone who has enough healthy hair to extract follicles
- Individuals who are not allergic to any recovery medication Like all other surgical procedures, an FUE hair transplant necessitates a post-op protocol, which involves medicines.
- A person with a medical diagnosis that necessitates a hair transplant, such as androgenetic alopecia
Now let’s go over the factors that make a person ineligible for an FUE hair transplant.
- They do not have healthy follicles to mark donor sites.
- Their hair loss is due to stress.
- They are completely bald.
- They have alopecia areata- an autoimmune disease that causes sporadic hair loss.
- Their age doesn’t allow them to get cosmetic surgery without permission from a guardian.
- They lost or are losing hair due to a treatment such as chemotherapy.
- Their immune system is weak. Having a robust immune system is critical for speedy and healthy recovery post-surgery. If a person doesn’t have an active immune response for any reason, such as an autoimmune disease like SLE, they shouldn’t get an FUE hair transplant.
- They are allergic to anesthetics, and going under can be fatal for them.
When a person meets the criterion to get an FUE hair transplant, our experts have a detailed discussion to brief them about the procedure.
For an FUE hair transplant session, the patient is put under anesthesia to begin the procedure. Some people prefer to go under general anesthesia, while others choose to go with a local anesthetic. Either way, the scalp is numbed for extraction.
Using the Gen 8 Punch, the lead surgeon drills holes into the scalp to extract healthy cavities with hair roots.
If the patient had asked for a stem cell FUE hair transplant, their follicles would undergo treatment in a laboratory to reproduce the stem cells. If not, then the harvested follicles will be implanted into the recipient site. The entire process takes two to three hours.
After the surgery is over and the effects of anesthesia wear off, the patient goes home.
Note: People who are likely to feel the side effects of the anesthetic should ideally have a caretaker by their side at all times.
What to Expect After FUE Hair Transplant?
An FUE hair transplant is a minimally invasive therapeutic method, yet it leaves some scarring on the scalp. This means you can expect soreness or discomfort near the incisions. Slight pain is natural after an FUE hair transplant. Aside from that, you may experience the following.
- Numbness in the donor site
- A little bit of bleeding. Remember, residual bleeding is possible, but if you start losing a significant amount of blood, you should consult an expert straightaway.
- Swelling over the scalp
- Flaky skin over the transplanted area
- Sudden hair loss- don’t panic if you initially lose some of the hair because that could be the body’s reaction to all the pain.
- Itching- but don’t scratch!
- Infection in hair follicles-also known as bursitis
Post-Surgery Care Protocols
Every surgical procedure comes with a particular set of instructions on aftercare, and an FUE hair transplant is no different. If you want to notice results, you need to follow the doctor’s instructions and take meticulous care of your temporarily bruised scalp. Remember to abide by the following tips to speed up the healing process.
- Do not scratch your scalp.
- Do not wear any headwear, such as helmets, bands, or any other accessories that will come in contact with your head.
- Keep your new hair moist using a spray bottle—Squirt regular water or seawater solution every 30 minutes on over your head.
- Do not shower for at least five days post-treatment; however, you should cleanse your donor sites after two days.
How to Wash Your Hair Post-Treatment?
For the first two days after an FUE hair transplant, the treated sections stay under medical dressings. Naturally, during that period, you cannot shower or soak your scalp.
After your first or second follow-up appointment, you can wash your donor site with warm water. But be sure not to touch your recipient site.
Typically, patients begin to get uncomfortable on the fifth day after surgery, and that’s when they take a proper bath, cleaning both the donor and recipient sites.
Washing the Donor Area
- Run your scalp under the shower stream, but make sure the water pressure is gentle.
- After you have been under the water for a minute, the bandages will come loose, exposing your donor area.
- Apply shampoo gently over the exposed donor site. You will feel scabs and scaly skin under your fingertips, but that’s normal as long as there is no blood.
- Rinse the shampoo entirely by running your head under the water multiple times.
- Dry your donor site using a clean towel. Don’t use an old or stale towel because that can cause infection.
Washing the Recipient Area
- On the fifth day post-treatment, you can wash your recipient area as well but not directly.
- Soak your head under lukewarm water, making sure the pressure is not too much for your scalp.
- Apply shampoo on your donor site with gentle hands and continue massaging for five to ten minutes.
- Then rinse the shampoo off and tilt your head at the same time to allow the shampoo-water solution to reach your recipient site.
- Do not touch your recipient site directly.
- Once your head is clean, dry it.
You might still feel blemishes and patchy skin over your scalp even on the fifth day after the hair transplant, but that’s normal. We suggest you continue washing your hair following the method described above for at least three to four more days after the fifth day.
And as far as regular bathing is concerned, you can do it from the 10th day onwards.
Tips to Aid Recovery
If you want your head to heal as healthily as possible after an FUE hair transplant, you should consider following these guidelines.
- Avoid weight lifting. Picking up heavy objects after a surgical procedure puts pressure on the incision, straining the stitches that can rip apart as a result.
- Don’t engage in physical exercise, high-intensity, or low impact.
- Stop drinking alcohol. Generally, people like to quaff alcohol to relieve pain, but that’s a harmful habit after an FUE hair transplant.
- When showering, don’t put your head directly under the showerhead.
- Exposure to direct sunlight can be harmful to the scalp post-treatment, so wear a cap when you go out. However, make sure it’s not too tight that it ends up scraping your bruised scalp.
- As previously mentioned, keeping the implanted site moist is vital for healthy recovery. Keep your scalp soaked by either spraying water over it or pouring water from a cup.
- Itchiness after an FUE hair transplant can get unbearable, but under no circumstances should you scratch your scalp. To soothe the itchiness, massage your head lightly or apply an ointment.
- Massage your head every few hours to relax the skin and keep the scalp soft.
What to Eat After An FUE Hair Transplant?
A person’s diet plays a critical role in the recovery after any surgical procedure. Even though FUE hair transplant is a cosmetic procedure, it necessitates some dietary protocols. Here is a list of eatables you should include in your diet after treatment.
- Eat vitamin-rich food items, such as citrus fruits, bell pepper, berries, etc.
- Consume foods rich in dietary fiber to keep your bowel movements steady.
- Include salads as much as possible in your diet to have wholesome meals.
- Add vitamin supplements in your diet if you have vitamin deficiency but do so after consulting the expert working on your case.
Although there are no food restrictions to be put after an FUE hair transplant, eating low-calorie food to lose weight is not advisable. Trying to lose weight after a hair transplant can lead to dysfunction in the cell membrane, which will disrupt the recovery.
How to Sleep After an FUE Hair Transplant?
Sleeping position can make a world of difference in a patient’s recovery after an FUE hair transplant. One of the most common side effects of a restorative hair procedure is edema – the medical term for swelling due to trauma.
Since the scalp goes through quite the trauma during an FUE hair transplant, naturally, it develops edema. While you cannot stop that from happening, you can prevent it from aggravating by paying attention to your sleeping posture.
Head placement during sleep can damage the implanted hair follicles and lead to complications. Therefore, we advise patients of FUE hair transplants to opt for a half-sitting position for sleeping.
A half-sitting posture is not too difficult to attain. All you need is some fluffed-up pillows, and you can sleep in the right position. Stack two or three cushions behind your back using your headrest for support. Now that you have a pile of pillows sitting snugly behind you slump back and rest your head against the headboard. Although it is not the best sleeping position, it is not the worst. And with a plush quilt and the drowsiness of the anesthetic, you will fall asleep in no time.
If you cannot sleep with your head resting against the head of the bed, try lying on a couch and keep your head over the armrest. IF that doesn’t work either, ask your doctor for an alternative solution but don’t lose sleep altogether.
Sleep Is Vital After Surgery!
An FUE hair transplant is not a major surgery, which is why it doesn’t warrant more than 7-8 hours of sleep every day. That said, you need to sleep well for those hours to aid the healing process.
Peaceful sleep relaxes the scalp, promoting healthy hair growth. So, make sure you get plentiful sleep each day for the first few months after the FUE hair transplant to promote vigorous hair growth.
How Much Does An FUE Transplant Cost?
Since an FUE hair transplant has multiple variables, there is no fixed price for the procedure. The first factor determining the cost of an FUE hair transplant is the amount of hair a person needs. If an extensive portion of your head needs treatment, you will have to pay a higher price. However, if you just need to cover a few bald spots, you will have to pay a nominal amount.
However, every facility can set up its charges differently based on the products used.
At TecniFUE, we go the extra mile for our patients. We offer them restorative procedures along with hormone evaluation (if necessary), PPR injections, medications, and high-quality aftercare products. Therefore, our prices can be a little more than a regular hair transplant facility.
Why Choose Tecnifue International For Your FUE Hair Transplant?
We are a leading player in the hair transplant industry with years of experience and significant innovations to our credit. With us, you get more than just a surgical treatment; you get a wholesome experience that will give you the confidence you have been yearning.