Is Hair Implant Painful?
Is Hair Implant Painful? Hair transplantation, also known as hair implant, is applied as a result of an examination performed by a specialist doctor. It is a micro-surgical procedure that allows hair follicles to be taken from the donor area in any part of the body and transferred to the non-growing part of the body. The hair implant process is generally used by men who have not grown hair or have stopped growing. Hair implant; It also provides the recovery of eyelashes, eyebrows, beards, and mustache hairs. Apart from that, a hair implant; is also used to hide the scars that occur after a previous hair transplant, an accident, or a facelift. According to the latest statistics published by the International Hair Transplant Surgery Association, hair transplant procedures have increased by 60 percent since 2014.
People who will undergo this procedure often raise the question of is hair implant painful. A hair implant is not a painful treatment during the procedure. However, the procedure performed on the hair may cause some pain. In order to get rid of these pains in the easiest way, people should pay attention to post-treatment care.
Does Hair Implants Treatment Give Definite Results?
People who want to have hair implant treatment should be patient. In other words, the most important point in hair transplant treatment is patience. Hair implant treatment is a dynamic event that varies from person to person. Therefore, it is very important for the person to be aware of the events and to believe that the treatment will result well. It is very difficult to answer this question as it is not clear whether the hair implant treatment will give a definite result. Hair implant treatment gives results in an average of 12 months, according to the observations of experts in the International Hair Transplant Surgery Association. During this period, the physical and mental condition of the person, such as the disease state and body, is very important. During this 12-month period, events take place gradually.
This process, which takes place gradually, starts with the healing of the wounds. This process, which continues with the nutrition of the hair follicles, is finally completed by experiencing the hair loss phase. Apart from this, the person should pay more attention to himself after hair implant treatment. The fact that the places where hair implant treatment is applied do not face pressure is also seen as very important for the hair implant treatment to give a positive result.
What Are Hair Implants Methods?
Although the DHI hair implant is a method that has been applied for 10 years, it has been heard more since 2016. Also, Hair Implant methods have been tried by many people. There are 3 hair implant methods in total. These methods can be listed as follows:
- FUT: Follucular Unıt Transportation
- FUE: Follucular Unıt Extraction
- DHI: Direct Hair Implantotion
DHI (Direct Hair Implantation) is the process of placing the hair from the area where the hair has been removed with needles specially designed for DHI in 1 to 2 minutes. When the hair implant method with DHI is mentioned, the FUE method comes to mind. This is because these two methods are very similar to each other. However, there are certain differences between these two methods. The DHI hair implant method is seen as more beneficial in some ways than the FUE hair implant method. However, the DHI method and the FUE method have their own advantages and disadvantages.
The person who wants to have hair implant treatment should decide how to have hair implant treatment. According to the decision he made later, he should choose the hair implant treatment method deemed appropriate by the experts. The person who will have a hair implant treatment should get price information while talking to the person who is an expert on this subject. Hair implant treatment prices may vary depending on many factors. Therefore, after deciding which method to use, specific price information should be obtained for this method.
What is the Difference Between DHI and FUE Method?
Although the two methods used for hair implants are very similar to each other, there are minor differences. The differences between the DHI and the FUE method are as follows:
- In the DHI hair implant method, hair implants can be applied without shaving the hair. This is one of the most important differences in the DHI method.
- Since the hair follicles taken from the donor area are transplanted within a few minutes, the hair follicles do not need to wait outside the body. In this way, hair follicles are less damaged.
- It is much easier to make hair implants in areas of hair that have not been lost completely than hair implants to the parts of the hair that are lost.
- When the hair implant is applied to narrow areas, a more intense and more pleasant appearance is obtained.
What are the Disadvantages of the DHI Method?
The DHI method has many advantages as well as disadvantages. The disadvantages of the DHI hair implant method are:
- Compared to FUE, the DHI method is performed over a longer period of time. To explain this situation, if a hair implant is made with the FUE method in an area of 4 thousand grafts, the hair implant process is completed within 6 hours. However, when a hair implant is applied with the DHI method, which takes 4 thousand grafts, this process is completed in 2 days, 6 hours a day.
- Since the DHI method is a sensitive method, the method should be done carefully. Therefore, the duration of the method is also prolonged. In addition, the price of hair implant treatment with the DHI method is also affected by this situation.
- Since the channel opening process is different from the classical FUE process, this method should be applied by an experienced person who knows this job.
- With this method, the hair follicles are affected without waiting after they are taken. In other words, care should be taken when determining the angle and direction of the place where these roots will be planted, and after the hair follicle is taken, it should be placed properly in the determined place. For this reason, the hair implant procedure should be done by a specialist.