What Is The DHI Hair Transplant Method?
What Is The DHI Hair Transplant Method? Direct Hair Implantation is a method that is known as DHI. This is a very common method and preferred by more than 85% percent man who over 50 years old. This is not only for men, 50% of women who are over 50 years prefer DHI. Even this is known as a “method”, This is not a hair transplant “technique” but an application method. DHI hair transplant success rate has the highest rate among the hair transplant methods. For this reason, it is frequently preferred by many people.
DHI hair transplantation is an application performed by collecting quality hair follicles using “special pens” to transplant to the required area. This special pen is a medical tool that is used for helping to place the graft. This medical device can perform grooving and root insertion at the same time. Therefore, the procedure is performed shorter than the other methods and the DHI hair transplant success rate is raised by this special tool and method.
In summary, direct hair implantation is a modification of the FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) method. This is modified by the company DHI Global Medical Group.
How DHI work?
Direct hair implantation (DHI) has a simple procedure. This is very similar to FUE hair implantation. The procedure works as follows:
- The surgeon will shave all your hair. He or she will then apply local anesthesia.
- Then the doctor will begin to remove the follicles from the back of your hair with a fine-tipped (pen-like) medical apparatus.
- The hair follicles will be loaded into a pencil-shaped instrument and placed on the balding part of your scalp.
- After the procedure is over, your surgeon can start antibiotic therapy. The treated areas are covered with a bandage.
Who needs this procedure?
The best candidates for this hair implantation are the person who has androgenic alopecia. This is the most common type of hair loss and this can be seen in women or men is called male or female pattern hair loss.
There are some conditions for these conditions to be applied:
- The age of those who want to have a hair transplant must be over 25. Because before the age of 25, it may not be predicted how to continue hair loss.
- Hair diameter is important in this application. If your hair strands are thick, better results can be obtained.
- The DHI hair transplant success rate is high in those with light hair color or those with compatible skin color.
- If the patients have less than 40 follicles per square centimeter in the donor area, they are not considered good candidates for hair transplantation. DHI hair transplant success rate is not high for these kinds of patients.
DHI hair transplant side effects and precautions
Even small operations, some side effects can be seen in many operations. Although it is a painless and short-term procedure, the following effects can be encountered:
Negative reaction to anesthesia
During the procedure, local anesthesia is given to the area to be treated. Local anesthesia generally does not cause any side effects, it is safe, but some people who are tense or stressed during the operation can have negative effects.
There is a possibility of infection in the area where the hair is taken or transplanted. The chance of a serious infection is less than 1%, in such a case you should contact your surgeon.
Shock hair loss
Shock hair loss can be seen within 2 months after the hair transplant procedure. This is normal, the full recovery period takes approximately 3 to 4 months. This does not mean that the DHI hair transplant success rate has decreased.
After the procedure, people may have to live for a while with their unpleasant appearance. You should try to get used to this situation for a while, being aware of an operation. However, you should keep in mind that after the healing process is completed, you will live with an appearance that will satisfy you.
Although it is not seen in every person, since it is a surgical operation, the following effects can be seen after the hair transplant procedure. These are as follows:
- increased heart rate
- inflammation of hair follicles
- sparse appearance around the donor site
DHI hair transplant success rate
The more you meet the above-mentioned conditions during hair transplantation, the higher your success rate. 10% to 80% of the transplanted hair grows within a maximum of 4 months. Therefore, it is possible to say that the DHI hair transplant success rate is 100%. Performing the procedure with a specialist surgeon is very important in terms of achieving this ratio. Because if you consider getting it cheaper in a bad business, you may encounter serious health consequences and hair loss. This means that the DHI hair transplant success rate is very low, and it will never satisfy you.