What To Expect After Hair Transplant FUE?
What To Expect After Hair Transplant FUE? This is a guide that is useful when completing the hair transplant process about what to expect after hair transplant FUE. This will help you learn about recovery and postoperative care.
After a hair transplant
- Blood never shows up again, so you do not have to worry about it. There may be some numbness in the donor area, but the pain is visibly reduced.
- There may be swelling on my forehead. The pain and numbness in the donor area had completely disappeared.
- On day 10, the grafts are placed permanently and cannot be removed. You need to be careful for ten days after the hair transplant surgery.
- Three weeks later, the hair starts to fall out and after 2-5 months it starts to grow properly.
- Your hair starts to grow normally after 7 months.
Successful FUE hair transplant depends on
- Hair is available in the donor area.
- The bald area to be covered.
- The availability of body hair as well as beard hair.
- The design of the hairline depends on the structure of your face or your age.
What to expect after hair transplant FUE
Once the surgery is complete, there may be side effects that can be alleviated with appropriate medications and home remedies. Here is what to expect after the hair transplant procedure:
- Swelling of the scalp
- Swelling around the eyes
- Crust formation in the area of the implant or the area of the donor
- Lack of sensation in the transplanted area
- Infection or inflammation of the hair follicles – bursitis
- Sudden hair loss
Important tips to remember after a hair transplant
As mentioned earlier, paying close attention is a top priority. You need to take care of your hair for at least a year after the transplant.
Only your doctor can tell you exactly which implants should be placed at the transplant site.
Hair transplantation is not a permanent solution, but it is extremely long-lasting. Like your normal hair, the degeneration can occur at a very old age. Otherwise, permanent hair transplantation will wear out very soon and you will end up wasting time and money.
You should definitely take minoxidil and finasteride because the body and back hair are DHT resistant.
How long does it take to recover from a hair transplant?
The length of the treatment period depends on the type of hair transplant performed on the individual. Obviously, the person can recover faster with immediate hair transplantation or DHI as there are no sutures. Our clinic uses the most advanced FUE technique for the treatment of baldness.
After a follicle transplant The person can recover in almost 2-3 weeks
After Case Unit Extraction The patient recovers in 5 days
Immediate hair transplant Healing is faster than the other two procedures
It is not necessary when the recovery period is over, the patient can see the results. It takes some time for the results of the hair transplant to appear.
After a process of follicle transplantation and follicular unit extraction, the hair grows after 8-12 months. With the DHI procedure, it takes about 3 months for new hair to grow.
This is a natural part of the repair process as the hair follicles remain intact.
Hair transplant rehabilitation program
Day 1-3 There is swelling and bruising on the scalp. According to your doctor’s prescription, take antibiotics, and painkillers in the recommended amount. Restrict your movement as much as possible to avoid damage to the cuttings. Make sure the scalp is not taken during this period. Therefore, while showering, put water only on the body and avoid hair. Also, sleep with your head down with a few extra pillows under your head. The swelling may continue after 3-4 days of surgery. Eventually, this subsides over time. On the 4th day, the person can wash his hair.
Day 4-7 You may start using hair products and brushing your hair, but you need to be careful not to catch stains.
Day 8 onwards Continuation of normal physical activities. Continuation of the normal hair washing routine.
Day 14 We will see you at the office and we will remove your stitches if any. The hair can be cut or colored after the suture is removed or 14 days after the procedure.
Remember that you may have a temporary postoperative miscarriage that can last up to 4-6 weeks. These hairs grow in 3-4 months.
Week 1-3 After 10 days of recovery, regular hair washing is allowed. However, if you feel itchy, avoid it as much as possible. Start with light exercises such as walking and jogging. Intense activities remain a big no-no. Avoid using styling products as much as possible. Within a fortnight of the hair transplant, there are no signs of a hair transplant.
2-4 Months Transplanted hair begins to grow as thin and fine hair also becomes thicker and longer in the coming weeks. Some people may experience thinning of their current hair in the area called shock reduction.
4-6 Months Newly growing hair begins to be visible as they grow thicker and longer. We see all patients at the 6-month mark at that time every new hair grows.
6-12 Months Transplanted hair continues to grow and becomes much thicker and longer, so you can design it the way you want.
12-18 months The last appearance of the hair transplant is noticeable. This is the progress of the hair transplant from day 1 to the final results
How to recover after a hair transplant?
Regardless of the type of hair transplant a person chooses, it is vital that certain necessary precautions be taken. Doctors advise that the first 15 days of the recovery period are extremely important. Therefore, the patient must be extremely careful to make sure that the implants are not displaced. Here are some points to keep in mind:
Avoid lifting heavy weights or engaging in strenuous activities that can put pressure on the cuttings. This also includes loading heavy objects.
- Stop drinking alcohol completely during the recovery period.
- To protect the scalp from salt, dirt, and chlorine, do not swim.
- When showering, do not put your head just below your head.
- As you go out, cover your head with a hat to protect your scalp from direct sunlight.
- Use a mug or cup to pour water over your head to make it as soft as possible.
- To soothe small red dots or relieve itching, apply emollient to this area.
- Gently massage the scalp in a circular motion while applying emollient.
I hope this post helps you understand everything about what to expect after hair transplant FUE. Taking precautions is extremely important after a hair transplant to ensure minimal risk and achieve results. Our clinic is fully equipped with the most modern equipment that provides the FUE technique of hair transplantation.